Mommy and Me Classes
Our mommy and me dance class is a wonderful bonding experience that encourages musicality, gross and fine motor skill development, and dance specific skills. Scarves, balls, bean bags, and other props are part of the fun!
As two year olds develop trust with themselves and their teachers, the will become more relaxed and familiar with their environment. This will provide more opportunities for children to become more spontaneous and playful, where cognitive, language and social skills will be enhanced. Goals for this program include perceptual motor activities, marching, memory skills, and sequencing. Parents should be prepared to dance and interact with their child throughout the class at your child's level of readiness.
Benefits of our Tiny Stars program include
– Increased body awareness, kinesthetic comfort and ease
– Improved alignment, flexibility and neurological patterning
– Emotional and social growth and development
– Greater self-esteem and autonomy
– Linguistic and aural (listening) skills enhanced
– Beginning understanding of academics such as math, reading, spelling and science
– Approaches 'classroom skills' necessary for school experiences, such as taking turns, following directions, listening, sharing and communicating needs and feelings
– Develops an early creative spark in individuals and groups
Fall 2014-Spring 2013 Schedule
Tiny Stars (Mommy and Me) Wednesday 10:15AM 18Mo-2.5 yrs Rumson
Tiny Stars IIA (Mommy and Me) Friday 10:45AM 18mo – 3yrs Fair Haven
Tiny Stars IIB (Independent class) Friday 11:30AM 2 – 3yrs Fair Haven
For a Complete Class List click below!